Appnovation is one of the fastest growing open tech consultancies in the world. We are currently looking for a DevOps Specialist to join our growing Managed Services team.
YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Configure and manage orchestration for our Linux environment (CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Design and implement monitoring and reporting tools using open source technologies.
- Provide third line Linux support for our rapidly growing business.
- Have full responsibility for building and maintaining our core infrastructure for clients.
- Research, test, and implement new systems and technologies.
- Work on truly interesting client projects with globally recognized companies.
- Take on an active role in the open source community.
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven Linux experience.
- Scripting experience: Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience of managing highly available Internet-facing platforms.
- Logging and security hardening; system documentation and designs.
- Database management incl. MySQL, Postgres (Occasionally MongoDB, MSSQL and Oracle).
- Orchestration tools, e.g. jenkins, ansible, salt, puppet, chef, cfengine etc.
- Familiarity with cloud service provider offerings (AWS, GCE, Azure etc.).
- Experience of transitioning projects into Managed Service support.
- Solid understanding of IP; sub-netting, routing, load balancing.
- Understanding and experience of the ITIL framework or similar.
- Bonus for a working knowledge of open source application stacks (Node.js, Python, RoR).
- Any of the following: jQuery, AngularJS, Django, Drupal, Drush, Jenkins, LXC, OpenVZ, Openstack, Kubernetes, Terraform, ceph, vSphere, git, gitlab, OTRS, NFS, GlusterFS, Docker, haproxy, SAML, Nagios, LDAP, Kerberos, pf, iptables, AppArmor, SELinux, SIP, Asterisk, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, etc.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies!
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.